Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Return to trance?

I've been listening to a track called 'Flaming June' by Paul Van Dyke.
It's reminding me how much I enjoy trance. Despite trying to 'mature' in musical taste over the last few years, some things stay constant. Even as I listen, I wonder at it - such a strange thing to enjoy, and part of me doesn't. But then the melody kicks in and I'm suddenly feeling higher, lighter. Part of it is a nostalgic effect I think..brings back memories of losing myself in dancing in Planet of Sound. But it still makes my heart beat, uplifts my mood.

I have odd musical taste. Vic was listening to someone in the kitchen earlier and suddenly I was reminded of John Denver and had a wave of nostalgia. There's little music that I don't like actually. Mostly the stuff I dislike falls into the category of 'can't dance to it, can't sing to it' - not sure what this means! I guess both dancing and singing are uplifting, emotional in some way.

0 comments: