Thursday, May 26, 2005

Adventures with a Ford Fiesta

Bit of excitement to finish off the day. Went to come home, only to find the car battery completely dead! Even the central locking and the clock had died!
Anyway, called the Green Flag man out and he fiddled around with his multimeter and talked me through how to test the battery... anyway the long and short of it was the alternator was draining the battery at near to 3A. So it got towed away to get the alternator replaced. Here's hoping they sort it out tomorrow so I can drive it home for the weekend!

3 comments:

Shervington said...

GOSH sorry to hear that. I expect its all down to your ELECTRIC windows...

cfg said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
cfg said...

D'know, I think the most interesting part about all this was my being reminded how much I like North East people. Almost every person I meet up here turns out to be friendly and generous. This chap phoned the Green Flag people and mentioned he was worried it would 'fire' when requesting a tow for me. I was obviously a little curious / concerned so when he got off the phone, I was like, "it will fire?!" He explained it was the best way of ensuring me a tow home. What a nice chap!