Monday, June 27, 2005

website nostalgia

I discovered a link to my old homepage on Gav's website.

http://www.btinternet.com/~teleos.training/mag/photos2002.htm

The bowls- pictures and accompanying poem (has to be read!) are part of an ongoing in-joke from the Brockwell days. Very nostalgic!

It's frustrating to have the website there and not be able to edit it. The ftp server only accepts connections from BT ip addresses. Grr. It's funny, i was last adding stuff to it regularly back in 2000, but I put a few more pictures up in 2002, thinking I might update it more often... that obviously didn't happen!

Back in 2002 I broke all the links to my original website but managed to miss one (a challenge for the curious!). I must remember to sort that out when i'm at home again - so embarrasing to read things I was writing at 17! And for some reason, despite knowing how to write html, I seem to have been lazy and written the pages in Word! ugh. The original web page was last updated in 1997 - that's 8 years ago!! And I must have been online for at least a year by that time? Can't remember when it all started! But amazing to think i've probably been an addict for almost 10 years or so...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Babylon 5 fan?

BJ said...

this was a lovely reminder of some times that I had forgotten. But like you can't believe it was so long ago.Granma Phil bought us our first modem (all of 56kph?) I can still remember the dial up tone....

BJ said...

I've just found bath lady - I've been looking for her!thanks!

cfg said...

Who are you M?

Anonymous said...

M=Matt

Babylon 5 was a class series, years ahead of its time. ooooh the Shadows.