Friday, June 27, 2008

Soup Experiment #2

This one's not too original either, but a first time experiment for me at least! And a very yummy one too...

Chicken Noodle Soup - serves 2-3

2 chicken breasts (left-over cooked chicken would have been better, especially dark meat!)
1 rasher of bacon, chopped
1 onion
1 leek
1 carrot, shaved with a peeler
2 sticks celery
2 portions of thin egg noodles
Chicken stock cube
Seasoning etc

I chopped the onions, leeks and celery and sweated them in some butter over a low heat, together with the carrot. When soft I added the bacon, then a splash of balsamic vinegar, some garlic puree and seasoning. Then finally I cooked the chicken.
I added some stock and topped up with water until the veg was covered. Then I brought it to the boil and left it to simmer for 15min or so. Finally I added the dry noodles for 5min until they were soft - and it was ready to serve!


I'm discovering that soups are really easy - and very yummy!

Any suggestions for something else to try? :-)

0 comments: