Saturday, September 03, 2005

Jumbled joy

Here's a little something I put together today while work-avoiding.

It's made up of lines from the songs on my current worship cd-mix. I'll be impressed if anyone guesses all 14...

Lift up your eyes,
Early in the morning.
The harvest is here,
The kingdom is near!
Though there’s pain in the offering,
I will celebrate the light.

I’ve tasted and I’ve seen,
I know with all my heart.
No one else will do:
Heaven’s perfect Lamb,
I’ll lay it all down again,
It’s You I live for, everyday!

Bigger than the heavens and the highest of heights,
The universe declares your majesty.
You are far above,
Strong to deliver, mighty to save.
I’ll learn to stand upon Your word.

My heart will choose to say:
I’m gonna stand,
I’m gonna run,
I’ll follow after You.
To find You in the place Your glory dwells,
That’s the cry of my heart.

When I’m found in the desert place,
Help me know You are near.
I’m lost without you!
I’ll fear no evil for You are with me,
With wisdom, power and love.
Who’s your equal?

Your Spirit’s water to my soul,
Healing comes from your hands,
The fire of God,
Stirring up my passion.
My heart is satisfied within your presence,
the warmth of Your embrace.

Your glory will fill the earth,
Like water the sea.
Peeling back the darkness,
Rising up in me.
You’re all I ever needed,
My daily bread, the air I breathe.

It’s true and I believe it!
Our God turns the bitter into sweet,
Mercy and grace he gave us at the cross.
He will watch over your coming and your going
And calm the storm with His hand.

1 comments:

BJ said...

I really liked this. I suppose it's a bit like sampling music tracks..